Monday, August 17, 2009

Roasted Asparagus

 
Posted by Picasa
If you don't like traditional asparagus, try roasting it. Roasting asparagus is quick, easy, and it gives the asparagus a nutty flavor. This is one of our favorite veggie side dishes.

Roasted Asparagus
Submitted by Kelly Marsden

1 large bunch of asparagus
Olive oil
Lemon juice
Salt and Pepper

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and trim asparagus. Lay asparagus on cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss asparagus in olive oil until lightly coated. Roast for 10-12 minutes depending on how thick your asparagus is. I don't like my asparagus to be over cooked so I check it by poking a knife in the thickest part of the stalk. I take it out of the oven when it still has a little bite to it. After removing from oven drizzle and toss with lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.

Note: I use to add the salt and pepper before roasting, but I learned the salt draws out the moisture in the asparagus and dries it out. So now I always salt and pepper just before serving.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment