Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Black Bean Salsa

 
A few months ago I was asked to come up with a black bean salsa recipe for a Stake Relief Society activity. Each ward was assigned a food storage item and asked to make six recipes using the assigned ingredient. Our ward was assigned beans. I read a lot of different recipes and made up my own version. It turned out great! We doubled the recipe and the bowl was cleaned out. The most important step is to refrigerate it overnight! All of the flavors need to blend together. I was craving it today so I made up a batch. Now I just have to wait until tomorrow to enjoy it.

Black Bean Salsa
Submitted by Kelly Marsden

3 15 oz. cans black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 15 oz. can corn (drained)
2 14 oz. cans petite diced tomatoes (drained)
1 small red onion finely diced
1 cup of your favorite chunky salsa (mild or spicy)
1 Tablespoon finely minced garlic
1 bunch Cilantro finely chopped
Lime juice to taste (I use lots)

Optional:
Add diced avacado right before serving

Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate overnight.
Serve as a side dish, on a salad, with tortilla chips, or make a breakfast burrito by adding some to scrambled eggs, top with cheese, and roll it all up in a whole wheat tortilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment